- This event has passed.
Coeur d’Alene: Ven. Chonyi at NIUU
April 21 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 pm PDT
Ven. Thubten Chonyi gives her annual sermon and Dharma sharing with friends of the North Idaho Unitarian Universalist fellowship. The NIUU congregation is welcoming, open, and affirming.
Unitarian Universalism holds seven principles which lend themselves towards affinity with certain Buddhist teachings.
7 Principles of Unitarian Universalism
- 1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- 2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- 3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- 4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- 5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- 6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- 7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.