Columbia, SC: Opposite of Anger
April 23 @ 7:00 pm - May 1 @ 2:00 pm EDT
Opposite of Anger talks and retreat with Ven. Thubten Chonyi
Reading the daily news is a common American pastime. These days, however, it’s a sure cause for frustration, anger, or despair for many people. Polarization is the norm, and people with different views find it hard to speak to each other. Is this how we want to live?
Buddhism teaches the futility of anger and the damage it brings, while its opposites — love, fortitude or patience, and compassion – bring only benefit to ourselves and others. Are these ideas practical in today’s world? If so, how do we get from anger to love?
Ven. Thubten Chonyi will offer teachings, talks, and a retreat with the South Carolina Dharma Group in Columbia, SC to explore these questions and more on the Opposite of Anger.
- Monday, April 23: Cultivating Kindness in Contentious Times, continuing on the theme, 7 pm South Carolina Dharma Group Center.
- Tuesday, April 24: The Opposite of Anger, public talk Seibles House, 1601 Richland St, 7 pm
- Wednesday, April 25: Can Anger Be Righteous?, Dharma talk & discussion at Dharma Center, 7 pm
- Thursday, April 26: How Can We Transform Anger and Cultivate Compassion in this Contentious Time? Atlantic Institute
909 Shull St., West Columbia, SC, 7 pm
- Friday-Sunday, April 27-29: Transforming Anger to Love with the Help of Chenrezig, weekend retreat at Radiant Mind Retreat Center, Dorchester County, SC.
Contact SC Dharma for all details.