Exploring Monastic Life
July 31 @ 5:00 pm - August 17 @ 2:00 pm PDT
with Ven. Thubten Chodron and the Monastics of Sravasti Abbey
For men and women considering monastic ordination and nuns and monks ordained 5 years or less. Ven. Thubten Chodron teaches from her 40 years of life as a Tibetan Buddhist nun. Join her and the Abbey’s resident monastic community to
- Receive daily teachings
- Live and practice as a member of the Sravasti Abbey community
- Engage in meditation and discussions
- Offer service to the community
To our knowledge, there is no other program in the U.S. like Exploring Monastic Life to help Western Dharma students investigate the many facets of ordination. Read more about the program here.
A dana offering and registration form are requested to reserve your place for the retreat. How to apply:
- The program is offered on a donation basis. To gather the resources for the course to happen, we ask participants to collect the donations to support it. Each person should raise or contribute at least $475 USD. Read about our Economy of Generosity.
- Complete the registration form.
- Read the Visiting Guidelines
Retreatants should arrive by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 31 and stay through lunch on Wednesday, August 17.
Write the office for more info.