- This event has passed.
Pomaia, Italy: Living with an Open Heart
April 25 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm CEST
Caring for Our Emotions
an afternoon workshop
with Ven. Thubten Chodron
All through the day, I me mine (…) , All through the night, I me mine (…), All I can hear, I me mine (…), Even those tears, I me mine (…)
The Beatles sang this back in the 70’s, but these lyrics bear a timeless, universal truth. We experience life from a self-centered position and this is the source of all our sufferings. How can we overcome this condition, opening up our hearts to others and developing a feeling of connectedness, through lasting kindness and compassion? How can we liberate ourselves from this self-created “prison” and increase our inner freedom?
On April 25th, Italy’s Liberation Day, we are grateful to have Venerable Thubten Chodron suggest some wise, practical answers. In her wise and humors way, she will touch on how:
- Our emotions (both positive and negative) impact our bodily and mental experience
- Our self-centered attitude creates separation from others
- A judging mind prevents us from opening our heart
- We don’t have to believe everything we think
- Helping others means helping ourselves