I Need Help: How to Access Abbey Programs Online
* Vimeo Livestream
Vimeo Livestream is an online platform used to broadcast live video recordings. You’re probably familiar with it if you’ve ever watched our Thursday and Friday night teachings online.
To learn how to use Vimeo Livestream, watch Heather’s short, simple tutorial videos.
Watch Live Teachings
Creating an Account
Using the Chat Box
Watch archived teachings
Zoom is an online platform for video and audio conferencing. The Abbey uses it to host discussion groups during our online courses and events.
For online discussion groups taking place on monthly Sharing the Dharma Days, we will send information on how to join via the Vimeo Livestream chat box at the end of the morning teaching.
For online discussion groups taking place during retreats or courses, we will send information on how to join to registered participants only from email@example.com
If you are using Zoom for the first time, you will need to download the Zoom app to your computer or mobile device. Otherwise, you will be promoted to download and install Zoom when you click on a link to join a meeting. When you click the link to connect, Zoom will open and it will look something like this (note: this is screenshot from the desktop version of Zoom and on a device it will look different):
- View: Here you can change the view. Zoom has two views: Gallery View where all participants are visible at once, and Speaker View where active speaker is visible. One can switch between these two views anytime.
- Mic & camera options: Here you can mute or unmute your microphone and camera. Clicking on the up-arrow icon at the microphone or camera will also allow you to select different mics and cameras if your computer has more than one. We recommend muting your microphone and turning off your camera when you are not using it during the meeting to minimize bandwidth usage.
Below are some additional links on how to use Zoom:
- 1-minute video on how to join a Zoom Meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- Join a test Zoom meeting to check if your audio and video work: https://zoom.us/test
- How to test your audio on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
- How to test your video on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362313-How-Do-I-Test-My-Video-
- How to access the chatbox on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat
- How to raise your hand in Zoom: http://media.focusingresources.com/downloads/ZoomTipsRaiseHand.pdf
Joining by phone
- *6 – Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 – Raise hand
Happy online viewing!