Connect with young people who share your hopes for a better world.
Make friends and point your life where you want it to go.
Join in Young Adults Explore Buddhism.
Young Adults Explore Buddhism is a residential retreat of discovery for young people aged 18 to 29. It’s one week of living in a Buddhist monastery, practicing and offering service with Buddhist nuns, monks, and other young people.
Renowned Buddhist author and teacher Venerable Thubten Chodron leads the course. No meditation experience necessary—just a curious mind and open heart.
The course includes meditation instruction and practice, teachings, Dharma discussions, and offering service outdoors in gardens, meadows, and woodlands. And guess what? We have loads of fun. See 2015 photos and watch the video from 2014.
- Program is one-week, usually in June. Check the Event Schedule for current date.
- All programs are offered on a donation basis. An offering and registration form are requested to reserve your place for the retreat.
- Apply by completing the long application form.
- Read about Visiting the Abbey.
- Find out What to Bring.
- For more information, contact the office or call 1-509-447-5549