Do you crave connection? Trying to make sense of the world?
Want to learn how to make your life meaningful?
Join in Young Adults Explore Buddhism,
a 4-day Zoom course with Ven. Thubten Chodron
Young Adults Explore Buddhism is a retreat of discovery for young people aged 18 to 29. Normally, it’s a weeklong residential program. In 2020, we met over Zoom. The next offering will be June, 2021. Whether it’s live or online is yet to be determined.
Renowned Buddhist author and teacher Venerable Thubten Chodron leads the course. No meditation experience is necessary—just a curious mind and open heart.
The course includes meditation instruction and practice, teachings, and discussion.
When it’s live, the course includes working outdoors in the Abbey’s forest and meadows. With the 2020 Zoom version, we were still able get deep and personal about the urgent issues facing young people right now. Check back for 2021 dates and location.
Exact dates and location—residential or online—TBD. Check back.
- Apply by completing and returning this form. It downloads automatically when you click: young adult registration form
- Must be aged 18-29.
- Space is limited.
- All programs are offered on a donation basis. You can make an offering any time here.
- Suggested reading: Open Heart, Clear MInd by Ven. Thubten Chodron, a complete explanation of the Buddhist world view.
- For more information, contact the office or call 1-509-447-5549.
- Read Jyoti’s Surprise About Young Adult Week.
Exploring Buddhism photos from the past give a taste of the program.
Ven. Lamsel offers a gift to guest speaker Dr. Russell Kolts in gratitude for his wisdom and sharing with the young adults.
“The Young Adults Explore Buddhism course came at a pivotal moment. I now feel like I have a path and a purpose for my life.”
Monthly eNews & eTeaching
Find out what's happening at the Abbey.
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.