Do you crave connection? Trying to make sense of the world?
Want to learn how to make your life meaningful?
Join in Young Adults Explore Buddhism,
a 4-day Zoom course with Ven. Thubten Chodron
Due to Covid-19, we’re taking this annual course onto Zoom. It still includes daily meditation instruction and practice, teachings with Venerable Thubten Chodron, and facilitated group discussions.
Young Adults Explore Buddhism is a retreat of discovery for young people aged 18 to 29. This year, it’s a three-a half-day event exploring 2020 life through a Buddhist view.
Renowned Buddhist author and teacher Venerable Thubten Chodron leads the course. No meditation experience necessary—just a curious mind and open heart.
The course includes meditation instruction and practice, teachings, and discussion.
While we can’t do it live this year, and you’ll miss the outdoor experience, Zoom lets us get deep and personal about the urgent issues facing young people right now.
June 11-14, 2020
- Apply by completing and returning this application form.
- Must be aged 18-29.
- Space is limited. Please commit to attend all sessions of the course. Schedule below.
- All programs are offered on a donation basis. You can make an offering any time here.
- Suggested reading: Open Heart, Clear MInd by Ven. Thubten Chodron, a complete explanation of the Buddhist world view.
- For more information, contact the office or call 1-509-447-5549.
- Read Jyoti’s Surprise About Young Adult Week.
Thursday, June 11
2 – 3:30 pm Introductions: to the Abbey, the book, each other
Friday-Sunday, June 12-24
9-10:45 am Teaching with Ven. Chodron with interactive Q&A
11:15 am-12 pm Guided meditation with Abbey monastic
2-3:30 pm Discussion led by Ven. Chodron or Abbey monastic
Exploring Buddhism photos from the past give a taste of the program.
Ven. Lamsel offers a gift to guest speaker Dr. Russell Kolts in gratitude for his wisdom and sharing with the young adults.
“The Young Adults Explore Buddhism course came at a pivotal moment. I now feel like I have a path and a purpose for my life.”
Monthly eNews & eTeaching
Find out what's happening at the Abbey.
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.