Young Adults Explore Buddhism
Young Adults Explore Buddhism is a retreat of discovery for young people aged 18 to 29.
Do you question conventional cultural values and want to work toward a better world? Want to learn ways to make your life meaningful? And meet others like yourself? come explore!
Renowned Buddhist author and teacher Venerable Thubten Chodron leads the course. No meditation experience is necessary—just a curious mind and open heart.
The course includes meditation instruction and practice, teachings, and discussions, as well as working outdoors in the Abbey’s forest and meadows. In all these ways, we get deep and personal about the urgent issues facing young people right now.
If you crave connection, are trying to make sense of the world, and want to learn how to make your life meaningful, join us for Young Adults Explore Buddhism.
Check back for dates
- Must be aged 18-29.
- All programs are offered on a donation basis. You can make an offering any time here.
- Suggested reading: Open Heart, Clear MInd by Ven. Thubten Chodron, a complete explanation of the Buddhist world view.
- For more information, contact the office or call 1-509-447-5549.
- Read Jyoti’s Surprise About Young Adult Week.
- Learn all about Visiting the Abbey
Young Adults Explore Buddhism photos from the past give a taste of the program.
Ven. Lamsel offers a gift to guest speaker Dr. Russell Kolts in gratitude for his wisdom and sharing with the young adults.
“The Young Adults Explore Buddhism course came at a pivotal moment. I now feel like I have a path and a purpose for my life.”