Schedule Quick Look
All programs are offered online
The Abbey is slowly opening to a limited number of fully vaccinated guests. Check specific event listings to see which ones are open for in-person visits.
New events are added regularly, so check back to see what’s changed.
Upcoming Retreats & Events
- July 28-August 8: Exploring Monastic Life with Ven. Thubten Chodron – Online
- August 21-22: Know Your Mind: Intro to Buddhist Psychology Part 2 – Online and in person, with Ven. Sangye Khadro (arrive August 20)
- September 4-6: Labor Day Retreat: Perfection of Generosity – Online and in person (arrive September 3)
- September 22-28: Teachings with Geshe Dadul Namgyal – Online and in person, on One Hundred and Eight Verses Praising Great Compassion
- October 2-8: Pramanavarttika with Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe – Online and in person, 6:30pm Pacific Time
- October 23-30: llumination of the Thought with Geshe Yeshi – Online and in person – Je Tsongkhapa’s commentary on Chandrakirti’s Supplement to the Middle Way – 8:30am Pacific Time
- November 13-14: Know Your Mind: Intro to Buddhist Psychology Part 3 – Online and in person, with Ven. Sangye Khadro (arrive November 12)
- November 26-29: Nyung Ne retreat
- December 31-January 3: New Year’s Vajrasattva Retreat
Regular Monthly Events
- Sharing the Dharma Day with Ven Thubten Chodron (Upcoming events: July 18, August 15, September 12) – Vimeo Livestream & Zoom, 10 am-3:30 pm Pacific Time. A limited number of fully vaccinated guests may attend in person.
- Medicine Buddha Puja with Abbey monastics (Upcoming events: August 29, September 19, October 10) – Zoom, 7 pm Pacific Time
Online Teachings around the Globe
- August 1, 10:30-11:30 am Pacific Time: Why Become a Buddha? with Ven. Sangye Khadro – hosted by Tse Chen Ling
- Thursdays 8:15 am Pacific time (7/1 – 8/19): Lam Rim: Study, Reflect, Meditate with Ven. Sangye Khadro – hosted by Thubten Norbu Ling Buddhist Center
- Fridays 6:30 am Pacific time (6/4 – 8/6): Wisdom of Ultimate Truth with Ven. Sangye Khadro – hosted by Root Institute for Wisdom Culture (7-8:30 pm Indian Time)
- Every other Wednesdays 4 pm Pacific time (6/2 -): El Adiestramiento Mental with Ven. Thubten Nyima – Taught in Spanish, hosted by Ganden Shedrub Ling Dharma Center
Monthly eNews & eTeaching
Find out what's happening at the Abbey.
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.