The Abbey is closed to visitors at this time.
All teachings and retreats are online. New events are added regularly, so check back to see what’s changed.
Weekly teachings streamed live
- Ven. Chodron teaches Samsara, Nirvana, and Buddha Nature by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Ven. Chodron
Live web broadcast every Friday, 6:15 pm Pacific Time
– Catch the live web broadcast
– Watch archived past teachings here.
– Get the podcast on iTunes, GooglePlay, and TuneIn Radio
- Ven. Chodron teaches Shantideva’s classic Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds weekly on Thursdays, 9 am Pacific Time. Starting March 18th, the teaching is at 10 am Pacific Time
Catch the live broadcast here.
See archived past teachings here.
Other Recurring Teachings and Events
- Ven. Sangye Khadro teaches Lam Rim: Study, Reflect, Meditate weekly on Thursday mornings from April 1 to May 20. Offered via Zoom for the Thubten Norbu Ling Buddhist Center, 8:30 am – 9:30 am Pacific Time.
- Sharing the Dharma Day, monthly meditation, Dharma talk over Vimeo Livestream and discussion from Sravasti Abbey. Tune in at 10 am on the date. Go to our Livestream channel to join in live over Zoom
Upcoming: May 16, June 27, July 18, August 15, September 12
Retreats, Special Teachings, and Events (All Onlin
- April 9-15: Samsara, Nirvana, and Buddha Nature Ven. Thubten Chodron teaches from the Library of Wisdom and Compassion book series – Online
- April 16 & 17: Life After the Pandemic: It’s Up to Us, Public talks with Ven. Thubten Chodron – Live on YouTube, 7-9 pm Pacific Time both nights.
- April 18: Medicine Buddha Puja – Zoom, 7 pm Pacific Time
- April 23 & 24 Samsara, Nirvana, and Buddha Nature, Online teachings by Ven. Thubten Chodron for Vajrayana Institute Australia – via Zoom, 3-5 pm Pacific Time.
- April 24: Kathina Celebration
- May 1-2: Peaceful Living, Peaceful Dying retreat with Ven. Sangye Khadro – Online
- May 23: Medicine Buddha Puja – Zoom, 7 pm Pacific Time
- May 29-31: Memorial Day Weekend Retreat: Ven. Thubten Chodron teaches on Good Karma – Online
- June 6: Medicine Buddha Puja – Zoom, 7 pm Pacific Time
- June 10-13: Young Adults Explore Buddhism – Online
- June 19-20: Weekend retreat with Ven. Sangye Khadro. Topic TBD.
- July 3-9: Medicine Buddha retreat with Ven. Thubten Chodron – Online
- July 28-August 8: Exploring Monastic Life – Online
- September 4-6: Labor Day Retreat: Perfection of Generosity
- September 25-28: Teachings with Geshe Dadul Namgyal, topic TBD.
- October 2-8: Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe continues teachings on Pramanavarttika – Online, 6:30-8:30 pm Pacific Time
- October 23-30: Geshe Yeshi Lhundup continues teachings on Illumination of the Thought, Je Tsongkhapa’s commentary on Chandrakirti’s Supplement to the Middle Way – Online, 8:30-10:30 am Pacific Time
Check back for updates as the 2021 schedule unfolds.