Connect with the Abbey
We are here to support you in the Dharma!
Online Teachings and Events
- How to practice vidoes: How to sit on a cushion, set up an altar, make a prostration, etc., all covered in this YouTube playlist.
- Numerous short Bodhisattva Breakfast Corner (BBC) show ways to use Buddha’s teachings to think about and work with challenges
- Find ongoing teachings, retreats, and special courses online. See the event calendar for upcoming teachings and events.
- Our YouTube Channel has thousand of video teachings on tons of topics. Browse to your heart’s content.
Practice Meditations led by Ven. Thubten Chodron
- Green Tara Practice with Request for Protection from Eight Dangers
- Longer Green Tara Practice
- Medicine Buddha Guided Meditation
- 1000-armed Chenrezig – guided meditation
- Taking and giving (tonglen) meditation and teaching
- Taking and giving meditation with outline of meditation points
Thought-training Teachings to Transform Adversity
- Watch Ven.Sangye Khadro’s series on Seven Point Mind Training
- See Ven. Thubten Chodron’s teachings teachings on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas (includes translation into Bahasa Indonesia)
- Watch a collection of thought training teachings on YouTube.
Practice together in community in real time
- Join the monthly Medicine Buddha Puja, offered once a month on Zoom, and send your prayer requests.
- Tune into the monthly Sharing the Dharma Day, which includes meditation, teaching, and Zoom discussion.
Connect with Each Other
Practice Meditation on Zoom with an Abbey-Related Dharma Community
The normal schedule for the Lay Practitioner’s Practice group is:
- Sunday – Friday mornings – at 6:30 a.m. MST
- Saturday morning – at 6:30 a.m. MST (Abbey Monastic leads the practice)
- Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Saturday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
Changes to the schedule: On full and new moon days the group meets at 6:00 a.m. (MST) to take the 8 Mahayana Precepts together. When the Abbey is holding a retreat and offering Livestream morning meditation (see events for schedule), the group does not meet and they all join the Abbey’s YouTube those days.
Write Abbey friend and meditation coordinator Kathy for more information, to be added to reminder e-mail lists, and to get the Zoom group password.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3036409712
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,3036409712# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,3036409712# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fcBd6ud2Is
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.
692 Country Lane
Newport WA 99156 USA
Also see ThubtenChodron.org