Let’s support each other to create peace in our chaotic world.
Connect with the Abbey
We are here to support you in the Dharma!
Online Teachings and Events
- How to practice vidoes: How to sit on a cushion, set up an altar, make a prostration, etc., all covered in this YouTube playlist.
- Numerous short Bodhisattva Breakfast Corner (BBC) show ways to use Buddha’s teachings to think about and work with challenges
- Find ongoing teachings, retreats, and special courses online. See the event calendar for upcoming teachings and events.
- Our YouTube Channel has thousand of video teachings on tons of topics. Browse to your heart’s content.
Practice Meditations led by Ven. Thubten Chodron
- Green Tara Practice with Request for Protection from Eight Dangers
- Longer Green Tara Practice
- Medicine Buddha Guided Meditation
- 1000-armed Chenrezig – guided meditation
- Taking and giving (tonglen) meditation and teaching
- Taking and giving meditation with outline of meditation points
Thought-training Teachings to Transform Adversity
- Watch Ven.Sangye Khadro’s series on Seven Point Mind Training
- See Ven. Thubten Chodron’s teachings teachings on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas (includes translation into Bahasa Indonesia)
- Watch a collection of thought training teachings on YouTube.
Practice together in community in real time
Connect with Each Other
Practice Meditation on Zoom with an Abbey-Related Dharma Community
The normal schedule for the Lay Practitioner’s Practice group is:
- Sunday – Friday mornings – at 6:30 a.m. MST
- Saturday morning – at 6:30 a.m. MST (Abbey Monastic leads the practice)
- Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Saturday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
Changes to the schedule: On full and new moon days the group meets at 6:00 a.m. (MST) to take the 8 Mahayana Precepts together. When the Abbey is holding a retreat and offering Livestream morning meditation (see events for schedule), the group does not meet and they all join the Abbey’s Vimeo Livestream those days.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3036409712
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,3036409712# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,3036409712# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fcBd6ud2Is
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.