COVID-19 Practice Resources
Connect for learning and meditation to balance your heart and mind.
Let’s support each other to create peace in our chaotic world.
Connect with the Abbey
While Sravasti Abbey is currently closed to visitors, you can still receive teachings and connect with the Abbey community. We are here to support you in the Dharma in these difficult times.
Online Teachings and Events
- Numerous short Bodhisattva Breakfast Corner (BBC) show ways to use Buddha’s teachings to think about and work with challenges:
- Browse the playlist of teachings on working with grief.
- Find ongoing teachings, retreats, and special courses online. See the event calendar for upcoming teachings and events.
- Our YouTube Channel has thousand of video teachings on tons of topics. Browse to your heart’s content.
Practice Meditations led by Ven. Thubten Chodron
- Green Tara Practice with Request for Protection from Eight Dangers
- Longer Green Tara Practice
- Medicine Buddha Guided Meditation
- 1000-armed Chenrezig – guided meditation
- Taking and giving (tonglen) meditation and teaching
- Taking and giving meditation with outline of meditation points
Thought-training Teachings to Transform Adversity
- Watch Ven.Sangye Khadro’s series on Seven Point Mind Training
- See Ven. Thubten Chodron’s teachings teachings on The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas (includes translation into Bahasa Indonesia)
- Watch a collection of thought training teachings on YouTube.
Practice together in community in real time
Connect with Each Other
Practice Meditation on Zoom with an Abbey-Related Dharma Community
The normal schedule for the Lay Practitioner’s Practice group is:
- Sunday – Friday mornings – at 6:30 a.m. MST
- Saturday morning – at 6:30 a.m. MST (Abbey Monastic leads the practice)
- Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
- Saturday evenings at 7:00 p.m. MST
Changes to the schedule: On full and new moon days the group meets at 6:00 a.m. (MST) to take the 8 Mahayana Precepts together. When the Abbey is holding a retreat and offering Livestream morning meditation (see events for schedule), the group does not meet and they all join the Abbey’s Vimeo Livestream those days.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3036409712
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,3036409712# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,3036409712# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 303 640 9712
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fcBd6ud2Is
Monthly eNews & eTeaching
Find out what's happening at the Abbey.
Learn from books by Ven. Thubten Chodron.